Thursday, February 28, 2008

Identity Theft on the Rise

You know, it seems if you want your statistics to end-up a certain way, you can pretty much create a survey to get you that result. There are those out there that actually believe that Identity Theft is on the decline; I have seen the results of their surveys. However, I tend to question the methodology used by some of them and the fact that some studies are funded by major banks or credit cards companies. Pardon me for being captain obvious, but it seems that a study funded by institutions that are part of the problem carry as much weight as the "ground breaking" results in the 80's that smoking was not bad for you ... oh yeah, those studies were funded by big tobacco.

Thanks to Bill Garner of Texas for this information and thanks to Felisa Cardona of The Denver Post for writing it ...

"ID theft cases soar"

"I do not owe money to DirecTV. I do not live in Detroit.

I want my good credit restored. I am a victim of identity theft.

I AM SHELDON CHRYSLER."

Click here for full article from The Denver Post

No comments: